Residence Visa / Long Stay Visa

Residence Visa / Long Stay Visa

The Federal Republic of Germany is the most powerful European economy, and one of the founders of many European agreements and organizations as the European Union and the Schengen Area.

A residence visa has to be applied for if you intend to stay in Germany for more than 90 days. If, for example, you want to work or study in Germany or if you intend to move to Germany with your spouse, you have to apply for this type of visa.

Citizens of the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the Republic of Korea, as well as EU citizens may apply for their residence permit after entering Germany without a visa.

Please note: All German Missions require that you schedule an appointment in order to apply for a visa.

In order to apply for a visa, your passport must have at least two empty pages. Your passport must have been issued within the last ten years. A passport older than ten years that has been extended for a period exceeding ten years from the time of issuance cannot be accepted.

Visa applicants must have their biometric data taken, e.g. ten fingerprints and a digital photograph. All supporting documents for your visa application have to be presented in original plus 2 copies of each document.

According to Art. 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (also known as: General Data Protection Regulation), information about the collection of personal information must be provided to visa applicants. To read more about this topic, please consult our Protection Information Sheet

Declaration of Waiver and Hold Harmless
In case the applicant requests the German Mission to mail the passport including the visa back to the applicant, the German foreign mission and its employees, as well as the German Foreign Minister, is released and held harmless from any and all damage claims resulting from a possible loss or damage of the documents while in custody or during transport, except in cases of intent or gross negligence.

Slightly different rules will apply to professionals over the age of 45. In order to come to work in Germany, they will need to provide a work contract with a certain minimum salary or proof of adequate retirement provisions.

Contact us for details to initiate your hassle-free and smooth Job placement | Work visa / work permit sponsorship on your behalf

We are here to provide solution | Retainer fee required to lodge application | installment payment plan